Price & Payment Information:
- $15.00/Certified Birth Certificate
- Cash, Money Order (only US money orders, foreign / international not accepted; payable to the Vanderburgh County Health Department), Checks & Credit/Debit Card
- Do not send cash in the mail
- Price Effective October 1, 2013
Click on the following tabs for:
Birth Certificate Application – English Solicitud de Certificado de Nacimiento – Español
Cambios en el Certificado de Nacimiento Certificate ID Requirements
registration is also available in this office. According to Indiana Law, as of July 1, 2014, if a home birth is not registered with the Local Health Department by one (1) year of age, it is considered a delayed registration and must be filed with the Indiana State Department of Health.
For delayed registration contact the Indiana State Department of Health at (317) 233-7303.
(or long form birth certificate) is only available by mail through the Indiana State Department of Health
– Vital Records office and is authenticated by the Secretary of State.